Sunday, November 22, 2009

Abalon-i II



The ocean was calm and still, with the slight hint of waves lapping over the jagged rocks.

The cool sea water displayed a unusual clarity; allowing unobstructed vision to every single individual hoping to bag their day's limit.

Every single nook and cranny, every deep, dark crevices; was filled with abalone.

Luck, it seems, shone on me today.

Wah lau eh
so poetic! Write compo meh?!

bla bla bla, today it was low tide and the water was very still and very calm and therefore, very easy to catch abalone, full-stop!

The water was calm; but it was freaking cold!

Yes, I look retarded, I know.



Caught 30 abalone in 30 minutes! But too bad, the bag limit was only 20!



As you can see, there's alot of people choosing abalone and the water is calm as!



Wah xiao di, you also want to go catch?! *Respect*



Today's catch!



Don't ask me why there are 22 abalone. Some things cannot be explained.



This is one of the bigger ones that I got.





This is what it looks like after being de-shelled, scrubbed, cut, gutted, cleaned, washed, wiped.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. I had never touch wild ones. The last time I hold 1 is during university trip to fishery research institute in Kedah. They were eating Gracilaria edulis (red seaweed. Quite nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete